- NZD leads, JPY lags on the day
- European equities higher; S&P 500 futures up 0.5%
- US 10-year yields up 1.7 bps to 1.498%
- Gold down 0.8% to $1,756.43
- WTI up 1.0% to $78.40
- Bitcoin up 2.0% to $49,950
EUR/USD is hovering around 1.1600
Commodity currencies initially trailed the dollar, with the aussie and kiwi losing 0.4% versus the greenback before recouping their losses and presently trading at flat levels on the day.
The AUD/USD pair has recovered from a low of 0.7250 to trade around 0.7270-80, while the NZD/USD pair has risen from 0.6930 to trade around 0.6960-70.
Other than that, oil prices remain buoyant, with Brent surging past $82 and WTI poised for a second run above $78 following yesterday’s breakthrough.