We collect specific information when someone applies for the opening of a trading account with the Company. Most of the information is obtained directly from clients through application forms and/or other types of forms. Such information may include, but it’s not limited to:
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, home address and contact details (telephone number and email address).
- Financial information such as your estimated annual income, net worth, your trading experience et cetera.
- Know Your Client (KYC) documentation that verifies your identity (passport copy/ID copy or equivalent), utility bills and / or bank statements to verify your residential address etc.
Further to the above, we may collect additional information related to your use of the website such as pages visited, frequency of visits, duration of your visits and trading activities.
Use of Personal Information
The Company uses your personal information in order to:
- Verify your identity and contact information
- Open/Activate your trading account
- Issue an account number and a secured password (i.e. access data)
- Improve the quality of services provided to you by reviewing your on-going needs
- Implement adequate security controls
- Prevent any security breaches
- Inform you for any new products, services and/or promotions et cetera
The information provided shall not be disclosed to any third parties unless such disclosure is required by a regulatory authority of a competent jurisdiction.
For the sole purpose of improving its client service, the Company reserves the right to enter into cooperation agreements with third parties (such as professional advisors, consultants etc.), under which the exchange of personal information shall be strictly bounded in accordance with the provisions of relevant confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements.
The Company requires to be informed in the event that your personal details have changed. At such time, all relevant amendments/changes shall be made in accordance with your instructions. Such changes in personal details may need to be verified by supporting documentation.
Security and Protection of Your Information
All personal information provided to the Company shall be treated as confidential and sensitive. The Company has taken strong measures to protect and secure such sensitive information.
To access your personal information you need to use a password which is selected by you. Such password is encrypted and should not be shared with third parties.
When submitting personal information, the Company considers that you have given your express consent for the use of such information as described in the Policy.
In the event that the Company amends/changes the Policy, an updated version of it will be made available on the Company’s website. The notice given as a result of any such amendment/change can be in written form and/or given through the Company’s website (http://www.xglobalmarkets.com).