CRYPTOCURRENCY CFD TRADING
Key features of trading Cryptocurrency CFDs
Symbols and spreads
|BTCUSD||Bitcoin vs US Dollar CFD||65.00||2||1|
|ETHUSD||Ethereum vs US Dollar CFD||12.00||2||1|
|LTCUSD||Litecoin vs US Dollar CFD||11.00||2||1|
|XRPUSD||Ripple vs US Dollar CFD||0.06000||5||100|
Cryptocurrency trading has taken off fiercely in 2017 moving from a highly speculative asset used primarily by programmers to the preferred choice of trading for many newcomers to the markets. The severe level of volatility seen in the cryptocurrency space is generally unmatched by traditional markets and that means the potential for profits and losses is magnified while the need for leverage is reduced. In addition, the cryptocurrency movement is primarily driven by retail speculators rather than banks, hedge funds and institutional investors. That results in a market that has traits unseen in regulated markets such as the free availability of market sentiment data, no scheduled or predictable new events and asset demand that has soared in recent times.
Cryptocurrency CFD Risk Warning
- CFDs on cryptocurrencies are complex and high risk and as such come with a high risk of losing all the invested capital.
- Cryptocurrencies values can widely fluctuate (there can be extremely high volatility) and may result in significant loss over a short period of time.
- CFDs on cryptocurrencies are not appropriate for all investors and therefore, investors should not trade in such products if they don’t have the necessary knowledge and expertise in this specific product.
- CFDs on cryptocurrencies are offered with nightly roll-over fees so it costs money to hold open positions. These fees are charged due to the fact leverage is offered and because there are costs associated with handling physical cryptocurrencies.
- Please make sure that you have carefully read the clauses related to cryptocurrencies in our Terms and Conditions and in our Risk Disclosure and ensure that you fully understand the risks related to trading CFDs on cryptocurrencies.